Saturday, April 22, 2006

Wasted Time

Here I am.. doing nothing in the office. I can't seem to agree that the IT management is good enough. Well I've seen and worked with professionals who actually plan their actions carefully and execute them in the way they planned. But this one is no near that.

The planning itself is not optimised to the needs. Here is the situation.. There are 14 partitions (cubicals) that are moving from level 2 to level 4. We (the IT guys) are supposed to setup the computers and network environment only; and I agree to that.

But can't somebody simply thinks that we can't do anything without the partitions being dissambled from level 2 and reassambled on level 4? We're just wasting time here.. waiting for the partitions to be set. I was told (informally) that we're setting up the network for one partition as time goes while we wait for the other partitions are being reassembled.

And here is what I think: why not let the partitions be assembled first (that means we, IT guys don't get the overtime for Saturday) and then the cabling for network? Isn't that more optimised? But shit hell.. I'm not in charge.. And I can't actually blame anyone.. We don't have IT manager here; only coordinator.

However, the IT coordinator is quite cool I can say; good person with the smile all over his face even though (I think) he's got problem.

But I'm still shit out of luck today for this inevitable useless overtime... :-| *sigh...

No comments: