Monday, April 05, 2010

Bank or don’t bank?

It’s so typical Monday.. except that I got a really bad start of day with Bank Mandiri. Here’s the story:

28.03.2010, I needed cash so badly and the ATM only allows me to withdraw 10 mill per day, so.. since Mandiri is a member of ATM Bersama, the transfer should be done within minutes. 2 hours later, the funds were not there.. and somehow I managed to get the cash from other means.

03.04.2010, Called 14000 to query the bank of how come that the funds did not reach the destination, but still has been debited from my account. The reply: “there was a network error and although the ATM said it was a success, eventually the transaction failed, and your money shall return to you in 4 days.”

Okaaayy… Now that is bad news.. What if that was the money I’ve got? They’re holding my money for unknown reason (at least to me). I thought I just gave it a chance.

05.04.2010, Check the online banking and did not find any trace of the return of my funds. Yesterday was certainly not the worst that could happen.

I called 14000 again to query my missing funds and somehow the other end of operator seemed to forgot about me and left me on the phone for almost 10 minutes with their song. I hung up and made another call this time response is quick, but not satisfying.. They wanted me to go the any branch and file a written report.

I am furious!!!! and yet cannot express it the the operator..

The only reason I’m using the ATM, and Internet banking was simple: I don’t want to go to the bank!!! Now I’ve got to find a way to get to the bank and file a written report.. for something that was not my fault (maybe it was my fault to transfer to another bank provider? –_-)

What a Monday!!!

1 comment:

cerebellum said...

thanks :)