Monday, April 19, 2010

How to use Google

Google is very well known for the search engine (duh.. obviously) to the extent that there were actually a verb for it to express the use of Google to search for anything. My colleagues and I have had the term: “ask uncle Google”. For those who don’t know how to use Google Search, check out Google Guide.

As the primary business of Google is the search engine, Google also has lots of products with their own innovation that I would say that they are very interesting.

Google

Here’s what I’ve been using out of Google.

  1. Search Engine to search the Internet
  2. Google Mail for my email
  3. Google Calendar to maintain schedules of my life
  4. Google Contacts to maintain my contact list including contacts’ birthdays with integration of Google Calendar
  5. Google Sync to synchronize my contacts and calendar entries with my mobile phone
  6. Google Maps to learn new ways of how to get myself from one place to another place that I know very little about
  7. Google Talk to communicate (chat or voice or video call) which can also be used in GMail
  8. Google Chrome as my Internet browser, which is fast and lightweight but powerful

And quite a lot more that I might be too lazy to mention that I haven’t used extensively like Blogger, Latitude, Google Sites, Google Docs, and Google Wave.

No comments: