Friday, March 19, 2010

Karaoke

Karaoke, a word so familiar to myself but have not even had the thought to search what and where it came from. Wikipedia has an article about it and how it came from.

For me, I've known karaoke from my dad.. Yes it's one of his hobby. It came to me even more when He bought a (so called) computer that stores karaoke video files for him to call upon (using remote controlled numbering combined with a papered catalog to search songs from). It the stroke me to search more on how I can make such application.

It began more than 6 months ago that I saw the same program in Melody Family Karaoke in town and then shared the idea to my dad. He simply expressed: "Why don't you see what you can do, then come again and we'll talk seriously."

So.. since I've been in Visual Basic .NET for years I gave it a shot. Started looking for some video presentation technologies. Started with WMP but figured out that I couldn't switch the audio channel to mono left or right, I looked at VLC.

Using the SQLite database and .NET Connector for SQLite, it's almost done.

No comments: