Saturday, October 06, 2007

Worship tools for church

I've been wondering if there were any tools/software to maintain songs and slides projected to the screen in churches. How dumb I was not searching it in sf.net as it has tons of resources. I know there were EasyWorship but it's commercial software (not free).

If you are running Microsoft Office PowerPoint just for simple slides (which does not provide great maintenance of your song database), you might want to check out openlp.org and OpenSong, and QProjector and free your church from unlicensed software (that means stealing).

I simply choose OpenSong since it manages the songs in individual files; easier to manage for small churches while QProjector uses MySQL database.

I'm planning to run OpenSong for tomorrow's youth service.

No comments: