Thursday, October 04, 2007

Tech in Church

I've been browsing sf.net for a while for some open source systems that can be used in church. I myself have been doing some Windows based systems for church using .NET; however, I just want to seek for open source alternatives.

I first came across ChurchInfo for church database and some other similar system, but this one fits the profile much better.
Tested most scenarios in my church and it appears that the system fulfills almost all of the requirements in my church. Might want to implement it using Linux; I like the idea of Open Source especially in church. ^_^

If I want to serve God with my capacity, I want to do the best out of it; and I think this is I do best, putting technology into church. If this project goes successful, I'm making a portfolio to implement in churches.

With this solution, we can have a running and working system with just hardware cost; no Windows license, no buying anti virus, less risk of spyware.

No comments: