Thursday, December 15, 2005

Documentation "IS" important

I've got this idea since college times when doing projects, but it was just theorical and I didn't really grasped the idea of it coz I've never really got into trouble becoz of lack of documentation [well except for grades] [and I've always been a hardcore supporter of a robust and complete documentation during ever].

I've gone lots of troublesome tasks just because there were no documentation available. So the best learning experience while working I've got until now is "documentation". Someone will eventually read your code.. so do spend extra time for documentation [or if you are the boss, do get someone to do it]. System design is important for knowledge transportability.

You might think that you are doing small system, but eventually that small system grows big. And when it's big, you'll realize that the processes in it has gone too complex to be understood by just reading the code.

Surely I've learned lots of things here.. From the entire process of making systems, technical skill [of course.. ^_^] and I'm ready for others.. ^_^

btw.. it's a robust company with so well created designs and system development cycle with all the paperworks.. man I just like the ide of being so organised.. I'm so proud of this local company of mine that I can finally say: Made in Indonesia.. ^_^

1 comment:

Wimal said...

Good to hear that bro. I'm not sure about my company as no one has handed me anyting important to do but I do agree that Documentation IS IMPORTANT!