Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Firefox & Thunderbird

My direct supervisor had me researched for alternatives in using free office software for corporate use.

In this case, we're trying to minimize (and if possible to zero) the use of Microsoft Office products. Thus, I've got into Thunderbird, a powerful email client that is most importantly free and robust.

Installed it, and took me bout less than an hour to get a hang of it and finally decided to make it my default email client against Microsoft Outlook 2003.

After a day using it, I found some fresh the look (themes), and fast loading speed (despite of the huge size of the mails after I imported from Outlook).

I feel like checking emails every half a minute with Thunderbird.

After seeing the fresh skins of Thunderbird, I just remember how not-so-fresh my Firefox's theme.. So I decided to have another browsing session for some Firefox themes.. and it turned out to be fun.

I've been using Firefox since college though.. So not much of excitement anymore..

No comments: