Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Work & scolded out of nowhere... (;-|)

And here goes two weeks of working in this new place.. Not bad actually.. Get to know people, working with SAP.. And I kinda enjoy this place.

Everyone has a cubical with LCD screens for everyone; and that gives me the space I need.

And the story of the day.. A phone was ringing in my department that I was supposed to pick up when nobody is around (and I do that often since the team is quite mobile within the office for this SAP project) and I picked it up.
It happen to be a guy asking for everyone else but me and left a message telling me to get the IT coordinator to call him (in somehow rude way). So I gently asked him who he was.
Suddenly he just asked me who I was (in a rude tone, again).. I told him my name and still asked who he was again (since he wants me to tell my coordinator to call him.. how am I supposed to know who called?)..
Anyway.. He asked again if I were new. And I said yes.. And for the third time I asked who he was, I got his name rudely in which later I found out that he was one of the directors upstairs.

Okay.. that was shocking.. but what did I do wrong? Man how on earth am I supposed to know who that guys was? Additionally, he speaks as if he orders people around as he likes (well that's what he does basically.. ;-p).

Later my coordinator told me it was okay.. and it better be.. coz if it's not okay, I've got nothing to lose.. I know I can work here with God's blessings and with the quality He has given me. And I will work things out the best I can. The hell with those top people. (^_^' *swt)

But I try to think of things in positive way. From the way everyone speaks of the management, they have full respect of them. That means they are kind enough for everyone. Maybe he was in a bad mood.. or something else I can't even imagine. Besides, I've spoken to one of the director (who is the big boss' son, young, synergic) that I find to be the best superior I've ever talked to all of my life (in a professional way).

Happy working everyone.. ^_^

No comments: