Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ubuntu Linux

I finally came to a point that I'm trying out Linux. I did long time ago try Fedora Core (it was 3 at that time).

I'm so amazed by the 7.04 of Ubuntu; it's so easy to install. Took me less than half an hour to finish the installation on my Aspire 2010 laptop.

This is so far the best Linux I've ever seen (perhaps I've not been seeing other Linux distributions). The desktop effects of Wobbling windows is so cool and works fine in my laptop.

I later found out that finding new programs is so much easier with the Synaptic Package Manager, that uses catalogs in the internet (that we can update) to locate packages (like VLC and Beryl I've installed into my Ubuntu)

And the Beryl is so cool man.. I've seen this in a video in YouTube (long time ago, but u can still Google it) and I didn't think that I was going to experience this, on Linux.

Ubuntu really makes my Vista at home look bad. Haha..

No comments: